Indian Abacus Teaching Objectives
- Recognize Indian abacus, mastering the beads computing method by both hands, learn the basic gesture and pose when computing the beads, this includes the sitting pose, position of arms, angle of fingers, the strength used, holding of pen, distance between eyes and the numbers and the position of abacus.
- Know and love mathematics, change the numbers into sliders / beads, translate the sliders / beads into numbers, remember the numbers or sliders / beads at a glance and write smoothly.
- Mastering the law of Adding and Minus and correctly and proficiently computing the sliders / beads using both hands.
- Mastering the multiplication and dividing methods and produce the products and quotients in fast and systematically.
- Begins to create the sliders / beads' image in memory, foster the interest of mental arithmetic via listening and seeing improve the 5 basic learning functions: the sense of sight, hearing, touching, tasting and smelling.
- Though researchers by experts, begins from the easier, systematically stimulate children's sense of pride and interest of learning, and hence foster a good learning habits.
The teaching method in Indian Abacus and Mental Arithmetic is able to explore children's thought, enhance their conception, visualization, creativity and practical ability, strengthens their concentration and patience, fosters their understanding ability, inference and judgment, initiate their independence, struggle, exploring and researching mind, and then improve their hearing nimble and excellence visual.