Abacus Tutor - The Training
- A comprehensive training is the basic requirement of a person who wishes to learn and teach a particular concept over a period of time. Indian Abacus training method is structured in such a manner that, tutors are able to understand and grasp the fine points of teaching abacus mental arithmetic concept to children.
- The training methods are continuously evolved by people who not only train, but also have the yard stick of assessment such as an examination or a practical demonstration of the concept taught by them.
- Tutors who pursue training undergo two tests per level. The first test is conducted at the end of the training to assess their level of the understanding of the training imparted to them. The second test is conducted when they report to the next level of training.
- After the training is provided to the tutors, they not only complete the practice books, but they also teach the same concept to the students and are expected to be thorough in the concept. Therefore during the second test, the tutors are tested for their confidence of the previous level training. After a tutor performs to a level of satisfaction in the test, he/she would be provided the next level training.
- Tutor's training is based on learn-as-you-teach method, i.e. after the training is provided to them, the tutors are expected to teach the concept to children in their respective centres over a period of time and later, they can take the next level training.
- During the training session, apart from the concept teaching, tutors are also taught child psychology and handling of small children. The main objective of the tutor's training is to ensure that the tutor gets down to the level of the child to teach the concept in such a way that the child understands.
- Tutor's training also emphasizes on regular practice for tutors apart from teaching children because regular practice improves the level of understanding. This helps them in applying various techniques for imparting the concepts to children. This ensures that the tutors, with an efficient training system, are more confident as they learn and teach each level of the concept.
- Tutor's training also focuses on teaching tutors the methods to assess the children for admission, how to teach children and evaluate their performance at various levels. The tutors are also given lesson plan to teach the concepts for each and every class of that particular level. They are also taught to counsel the parent and children before admission and apprising the parent of their children's performance. Maintaining cordial relationship with the parent and the franchisee is emphasized in the training.
- During training session, tutors are given guidelines on selection of students and special training to students, who are selected to represent their centres in the national level competition every year conducted by the global head office.
- Tutor's training period varies as per levels.
Company will Train the Abacus Tutor Designates for all the Eight Levels and Application Levels. The First Level Training will be for 3 days and the subsequent level training will be given at our office, after they are exposed to class room teaching for children in their respective Centres for each level. The Chief Abacus Tutor who coaches the Abacus Tutors will assess the performance of the Abacus Tutor during the training.