Tutor's Abacus Non Digital:
Indian Abacus in a bigger size is also available which is called as "Teacher's Abacus". Indian Abacus used by Tutor's is also of the same design, but it is used by the teacher/s for coaching the children in Abacus Mental Arithmetic calculations. The large size - Indian Abacus for Tutor's is hung on the wall or made to stand on a stand to explain to the students how the Abacus is operated to do the arithmetic calculations. The Teacher Abacus is only to explain to the children getting trained in the subject to gain the skills.
- Indian Abacus is used for coaching young children of the age group 4 13 years for doing Abacus Mental Arithmetic calculations Mental Arithmetic by image of Abacus. Indian Abacus is a calculating devicewhich can be used with finger manipulations by the children.
- The Indian Abacus does not require power to operate The nimble fingers of a young child could manipulate the sliders for calculation purposes. It is semi abstract and pictorial with colour display in representing numbers. Numbers/values are represented by the slider positions displaying colour images. This tool contains 17 vertical slots. Each slot contains totally 5 sliders. The bar within the frame runs horizontally and divides each slot into 2 parts. The sliders below the bar on each slot are called lower sliders. The slider above the bar on each slot is called upper slider. There are 4 lower sliders and 1 upper slider in each slot.
- The value of each lower slider value position is 1 and upper slider value position is 5. Thus the total value on each slot could be a maximum of 9. Each slider gets value, only when moved towards the bar. To add a number, the slider is moved towards the bar and to subtract, it is moved away from the bar.
- Indian Abacus is used for Whole brain Development. The Abacus Mental Arithmetic training imparted to the young children result in Whole brain Development. It is enhancing of the capacity of the Left & Right brains and also to have highly effective co-ordination between them to bring about the best of result in any task.
- Indian Abacus is used for training children of the age group mentioned for not only for fast & accurate arithmetic calculations (Speed & Accuracy) but also for developing better CONCENTRATION, VISUALIZATION (PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY), IMAGINATION, PICTURISATION SKILLS, apart from creativity. Children acquire through the training Presentation skills and become self confident and self-reliant.
- Indian Abacus through the training imparted to the children of the age group mentioned gain enhanced Visual, Auditory and Working memory.
- Indian Abacus can be used for better concentration levels of even the adults.
- Usage of Indian Abacus helps very young children to learn the numbers, since the Indian Abacus enables conversion of semi-abstract numbers in to visual colour images, which are the value positions covered and/or uncovered by the sliders on the Indian Abacus, which move up and down.
- The colour images, when the sliders moving up and down while manipulating with the fingers are colour on the appropriate positions to reveal the colour images, which have the specific number values.
- Design of Indian Abacus The design of the abacus is largely changed and Indian Abacus is actually many more times improved version of the Conventional (old) Abacus. Much care is taken to ensure that while the design changes are made to enhance the effectiveness of the results / benefits to the children who get trained in Abacus Mental Arithmetic using Indian Abacus for the purpose of Speed and Accuracy in Arithmetic calculations, the usage pattern & the methodology is unchanged, which is to ensure that the students now using the generic and current Abacus be easily essayed into a change to use the Indian Abacus in future to gain enhanced benefits / skills, since there are no disadvantages.
- Design is mainly focused on the objective of better Visualization (photographic memory) through colour projection for the value positions moving the upper or the lower sliders up and / or down.
- The sitting posture, holding of the Abacus, usage of specific fingers for the movement of the sliders using both the hands play a very important role. These are essentials to learn and perfect Abacus Mental Arithmetic calculations. Indian Abacus enables the students to learn and perfect their skills in doing Abacus Mental Arithmetic calculations, parallelly enhancing their brain skills