What is an Abacus?
Abacus is a counting frame, used as a calculating tool. It is a very ancient tool and is used in many schools to develop mental arithmetic (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division) and Brain skills.
Abacus and its benefits:
- Arithmetic functions are done using abacus – moving sliders on column which have specific values
- It is used for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Calculation in Mental Arithmetic mode by Image of Abacus
- Abacus based Arithmetic functions, calculations thereof enhance Concentration levels.
- Calculations done with Abacus, using the fingers of both the hands stimulate the brain – both the Right and Left Brain.
- Helps kids learn basic number systems
- Helps Kids understand combinations of five and ten
- Helps kids visualize the math and develops mental calculations
What is Indian Abacus:
The Group Company of Indian Abacus pvt. Ltd., the pioneers in the field of Abacus education in India, since 1999. Indian Abacus company has launched its newly invented state-of-the-art Indian Abacus Digital and Non digital for students and tutors and the program to make the children of the age group – 5 to 13 years, benefits much more than ever before. Indian Abacus products and the program structured training Material are the result of 14 years of background research.
We had in the year 2012 developed the new generation Indian Abacus devices with children friendly features, advantages and benefits, which are state-of-the-art in design and features. The Indian Abacus products are:
- Indian Abacus – Non-digital for students
- Indian Abacus – Digital for students
- Indian Abacus – Non-digital for Tutors / Teacher
- Indian Abacus – Digital for Tutor / Teachers
The purpose of our efforts to develop the Indian Abacus was to make the learning of the skills by children – easier, faster and stress-free. Indian Abacus products and the program structured training Material are the result of 14 years of background research.
Unique Selling Proposition (USP) / Innovation
- Salient features of the products is, Unhide and hide the colour images: The student while operating this Abacus moves the Lower and the Upper sliders to unhide and hide the colour images which represent values.
The display of colour images and specific values makes the visualization many times better, stronger, faster, stress free and error free calculation, when compared to the earlier Abacus.
Indian Abacus – Digital for students is designed for On-line and Off-line coaching by connecting the PC or LAPTOP through USB portal and enable the children to learn - practice - test the abacus skills online - anywhere and anytime.
- Indian Abacus – Digital for Tutors is designed for use by Tutors in the class room for training the students. The hardware & software, MP3 player, Remote Control which are part of the tool enable the display of the answers of the calculations on theLCD and LED screen.
- The sliders stay put in the positions, when the Abacus is vertically viewed while working and values doesn't get changed and the Sliders are stable and firm and thereby the answers will be perfect.
- Zero value positions: The sliders position showing colours which sink with cream colour back round are considered as zero value position.
- Stress free view: The colour and non - colour positions of slider remove the confusions and the disturbing view.
Benefits of Indian Abacus:
- The purpose of our efforts to develop the Indian Abacus was to make the learning of the abacus based skills by children, Easier, faster and stress - free with special focus to facilitate the children to learn numbers and identify them as colour images, to Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide them in doing the calculations.
- The Indian Abacus is an educational counting tool for learning to do fast and accurate mental arithmetic, more particularly it helps in enhancing their brain skills such as CONCENTRATION, VISUALIZATION, Listening Skill, Self Confidence, speed and Accuracy by activating the right brain.
- Helps students to overcome the fears of mathematics and Academic excellence in all subjects.
- Mental Math: Initially the child moves the Sliders in the Physical Abacus to do arithmetic sums.
After 3 level, the Child imagines the Abacus in its mind and can do arithmetic sums without use of the physical Abacus.
- The Abacus based Mathematical skills remains in the brain as long term memory throughout their life and helps in their career development which in turn add to thehuman asset of the country.
- Indian Abacus tool for Tutor can be used in the Play Schools to teach numbers as a learning apparatus of the younger children of the age group 2 - 5 years.