Abacus is an ancient tool for arithmetic skills. The main objective of the Abacus programme is to
enhance the brain power upgrading the brain skills of the children of age group
5 to 13 years. In most Asian countries, Abacus
programme is taught as part of mathematics curriculum at primary level schools.
It is also an after school programme, taught as an extra-curricular activity.
The main benefits acquired on account of use of Abacus are
- It removes the fear of mathematics by making the arithmetic calculations easier
- Abacus education, not only improves the mathematics and creates interest in mathematics, it also helps to improve overall academic skill and helps to tackle the day-to-day challenges and boosts confidence
- It harnesses the natural potential in a child
- It allows children to understand numbers and place value concepts easily
- It enables the child to acquire the skills of concentration, listening, speed, accuracy imagination, innovation, creativity, comprehension photographic memory and problem solving capacity.
- It enables spatial ability which are applied in areas such as Science, Architecture, Engineering etc.
Research by eminent physicians have further established that the left hemisphere of the Brain, referred to as the digital brain, provides analytical information and controls reading , writing, calculation, logical thinking etc. and the right hemisphere, referred to as the analog brain, controls three-dimensional sense, creativity, and artistic senses. Science has proved that continuous use of abacus is able to develop the unused right-side of the brain which contributes to the whole brain development of individuals.
Abacus Education helps dyslexic children, who lacks proficiency in reading, spelling and writing improve their numerical skills as these children sense by touching. All these stand and support as to why the use of Abacus is a must..
Indian Abacus tool, the new invention of the 21st Century,invented in the year 2012, by Mr. N. Basheer Ahamed, Managing Director and CEO of Indian Abacus Pvt Ltd., Chennai India with advanced features, stands apart from the conventional Abacus, for easy learning without stress and strain for the children.